Engineering Consultancy and Research Center(ECRC)
To nurture the culture of engineering consultative work and be the innovative center in providing engineering and training services with high quality at the local and regional level.
ECRC strives to provide distinct training and consulting services in the field of engineering and contribute to the community development through long-term academic and engineering experiences in the university and outside of the university in all the engineering sciences.
1.Provide consulting services and all the engineering disciplines.
2.Provide lab tests using the modern scientific approaches.
3.Provide training and qualification services in the engineering services.
4.Connect the university with the community and labor market>
5.Benefit from the academic and scientific experiences in the university.
6.Contribute to the community service through training courses, seminars, symposia to raise the community awareness.
- 1.Consulting services:
- Provide technical and engineering consultations for the engineering projects.
- Plan and design engineering projects and prepare executive designs.
- Engineering supervision on the engineering projects during implementation and involve in the initial and final submission.
- Organize training courses in the engineering specialized programs.
- Prepare bidding documents and terms and technical specifications for the engineering projects.
- Design he network systems in the buildings ( electrical – networking –internet – surveillance cameras ..)
- Design and oversee the internal decorations in the old and modern buildings.
- 2.Lab and practical tests services:
- Conduct lab and field experiments for construction materials ( steel – cement – stones – asphalt – debris – sand ..)
- Conduct soil tests and reporting the results.
- Examine and maintain the concrete facilities.
3- Training and Qualification services:
- 1. Manage engineering projects using Primavera programs.
- Use BIM technique in designing and analyzing concrete constructions.
- Oversee the project implementation and prepare engineering reports.
- Survey and use the survey equipment such as Total Station.
- Programs of designing internal decorations (3D Studio Max – Autocad Architectur 3D – Photoshop).
- Programs of CSI company to analyz and design construction(Etabs – Sap2000 – safe – CSI Column).
- Seismic design of concrete facilities.
- Drawing skills and constructional output.
- Test, maintain, and repair facilities.
- Design constructional models.
- Document constructional designs.
- Security and safety requirements in buildings.
- In addition to the following engineering programs:AutoCAD 2D – Civil 3D – Staad pro.
- 4.Community services:
- Organize training courses and seminars as a contribution to the community awareness.
- 1.Material testing lab.
- landing test to determine the strength of concrete.
- Pressure-resistant concrete after 28 days (cubes and cylinders).
- Take concrete molds and test samples after casting.
- Iron tensile test.
- Sieving analysis for the rubbles/ruins.
- Determine the qualitative weight of the rubble.
- Determine the absorption rate of the rubble.
- 2.Soil testing laboratory
- Test of moisture content.
- test of the qualitative weight.
- Test of sieving analysis.
- test of soil compressibility.
- direct cut test.
- 3.Roads and asphalt materials testing laboratory
- 4.Survey lab
- 5.Computer lab.
Sana'a, 60th Street, USTY Faculty of Engineering Building
Tel: 967 01 387646 (5121); http://www.ust.edu/ustj/ecrc; Email: ">